12 Day Tour from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- In Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco, and Alcatraz. Inside visits as shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description, including admission charges where applicable.
- Palm Springs, Scottsdale, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, Grand Canyon National Park, Historic Route 66, Las Vegas, Sierra Nevada Mountains, and Yosemite National Park.
- Services of a professional Tour Director.
This wondrous Western vacation begins in Los Angeles with a sightseeing tour that includes glamorous Hollywood. Next, head east and stop in Palm Springs, home to 90 golf courses, before reaching Scottsdale, where a sightseeing tour highlights downtown Phoenix. From Scottsdale, travel north through cactus-studded scenery to Sedona and see the massive red-rock formations that make Sedona infamous. Continue north to spectacular Grand Canyon National Park, where you’ll have an opportunity to explore the canyon rim and witness breathtaking scenery. Stay the night in nearby Williams, a town with Route 66 as the Main Street.
Let loose in Las Vegas before traveling to Mammoth Lakes and Yosemite National Park, a wonderland of spectacular lakes, giant granite domes, towering pinnacles, cascading waterfalls, and lush forests. Leave Yosemite and head to San Francisco, the world-famous city known for its steep hills and historic cable cars. On your San Francisco sightseeing tour, see the famous sites, including the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman’s Wharf, Nob Hill, and more. This exciting trip through the “Western Wonders” ends with a visit to Alcatraz Prison and leisure time in San Francisco—a perfect conclusion to this grand vacation!
For more information please contact HEERA at:
Enjoy time at leisure to relax or to do some independent exploring. LOS ANGELES The L.A. Hotel Downtown (SF).
Begin the day with a sightseeing tour of the world’s “Capital of Glamour,” including a drive through Hollywood and the famous TCL Chinese Theatre. The remainder of your day is at leisure, and your Tour Director will have suggestions for your further exploration of the city. Perhaps visit Hollywood again and the Hollywood History Museum, located in the old Max Factor Building. Stroll down Olvera Street, the heart of the original Spanish Mission, or visit the Getty Center with its wonderful art collection. LOS ANGELES The L.A. Hotel Downtown (SF).
Today we make our way to the desert oasis of Palm Springs with its distinctive wind farms, 5,000 swimming pools, and 90 golf courses! Ever since Hollywood stars first came here in the 1930s, laying claim to ranch-style estates and holing up in elite hotels, the clean, dry air and sunshine have made Palm Springs irresistible. The afternoon and evening have been set aside for independent time. LOS ANGELES The L.A. Hotel Downtown (SF).
A Phoenix sightseeing tour includes downtown and the Arizona State Capitol Building. Next, experience Old Town Scottsdale, where Western storefronts create an aura of the past, before overnighting in the mountain-ringed desert resort of Scottsdale. PALM SPRINGS The Saguaro Palm Springs (MF).
Travel to Sedona, a thriving center for New Age arts set in Canyon Country. On to the weather-sculptured rock formations of Oak Creek Canyon. Travel alongside the San Francisco Mountains and beautiful pine forests to the South Rim of the GRAND CANYON. Time to stroll the canyon rim—or, for a once-in-a-lifetime experience, take an optional helicopter flightseeing excursion for incomparable views of flame-colored walls plunging 6,000 feet into the Colorado River. Overnight in Williams, a picturesque mountain town with Route 66 as the Main Street and the gateway to the Grand Canyon. SCOTTSDALE The Saguaro Scottsdale (F).
Cross the old Mojave gold-strike country, which still has traces of century-old ghost towns set in natural desert beauty. Watch for Joshua trees, a species of the lily family that grows to more than 40 feet in height and can live up to 300 years. By late afternoon, reach Las Vegas, the fantastic city of feverish gambling, neon lights, bars, and glamorous shows. Be sure to explore some of the many themed casino resorts along the colorful “Strip.” This evening, we highly recommend a night out to a dazzling stage show featuring top Vegas entertainment. WILLIAMS Grand Canyon Railway Hotel (F).
The morning and afternoon are free for you to swim and sunbathe at the hotel pool or explore the varied casinos and shopping plazas. Your Tour Director will have more suggestions to fill your day. Consider a river float trip through the Black Canyon. LAS VEGAS Harrah’s Las Vegas (F).
A day of striking natural contrasts as the journey continues across the desert landscape of Nevada before crossing into California and ascending into the snowcapped Sierra Nevadas. Overnight in Mammoth, a popular alpine resort area surrounded by beauty and majesty—and within easy reach of Yosemite National Park. MAMMOTH LAKES Sierra Nevada Resort and Spa (T) / TULARE Best Western Town and Country (ST).
Tioga Pass is typically closed from November to the end of May due to snow. When Tioga Pass is closed, this tour is rerouted to overnight in Tulare instead of Mammoth Lakes. Departures from the end of May through mid-October are expected to overnight in Mammoth Lakes; however, weather may affect the routing of tours to Tulare during these times.
Cross high Tioga Pass and enter YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, a wonderland of spectacular lakes, giant granite domes, towering pinnacles, cascading waterfalls, and lush forests. Afterward, drive to Modesto. MAMMOTH LAKES Sierra Nevada Resort and Spa (T) / TULARE Best Western Town and Country (ST).
Head toward Sacramento, capital of California, with time to explore Old Sacramento. “Old Town,” as the locals call it, features a Wild West ambiance. During your visit, see the country’s largest collection of Gold Rush-era buildings, a Wells Fargo museum, and the historic Railroad Museum. From here, continue west to reach San Francisco by early afternoon. Cross the splendid bay with vistas of the San Francisco skyline and its magnificent harbor. On your city tour, see the main sights, including the renowned Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman’s Wharf, and Nob Hill. Tonight you may choose to join your traveling companions for an optional evening in Chinatown. Explore this vibrant historic section of San Francisco that houses the largest Chinese community outside of Asia. Enjoy a lavish 4-course dinner at an authentic Chinese restaurant. End with a short walking tour of Chinatown, plus a ride on one of San Francisco’s famous cable cars. (CB) MODESTO Modesto Days Inn (ST).
This morning, visit the famous and fascinating ALCATRAZ PRISON. Get a close-up look at the infamous federal penitentiary that was off limits to the public for years. Afterward, the day is yours to do some more exploring in the “City by the Bay.” Ride San Francisco’s historic cable cars or take a walking tour of one of the city’s diverse neighborhoods. SAN FRANCISCO Hotel Carlton (MF).
The trip ends today with guests departing on individual schedules. Transfers to San Francisco International Airport are included. Extend your vacation with extra nights and explore the “City by the Bay” further with a variety of exciting optional activities. SAN FRANCISCO Hotel Carlton (MF).
Prices are calculated per person as following:
- Adult Price: USD 1689 per person
- Child Price: USD 1521 per person
Single Room Supplement:
Triple Room Reduction per person:
Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Los Angeles Arrival Transfer Los Angeles International Airport:
$17.00 per person
Cash,Credit cards and Bank transfers.
You may confirm this reservation with a $750.00 non-refundable deposit.
Following items are included in the price and you will not charge for them:
Price Does Not Include:
Following items are not included in the price and you may have to pay it:
- Visas and vaccinations.
- Laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant)
- Additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary.
- Travel Protection premiums.
- The price listed does not include your airfare.
- Transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; porterage at airports or train stations.
Please read the policies carefully. This section contains important information.
* NOTE: The National Park Service requires the disclosure value of the Alcatraz Prison visit is US$30.
* MEALS: 1 continental breakfast
* CANCELLATION POLICY: 25% Penalty less than 2 weeks to arrival - 50% Penalty less than 1 week to arrival - 100% Penalty less than 1 days to arrival or no shows.
* VALID FOR: Minimum 2 person travelling together.
* REMARK: Not applicable on TBA space. Not applicable to custom tours. Not combinable with any other promotion except the Journeys Club Repeat Traveler benefit and the current air promo. Applies to new 2015 bookings only, and offer will not be applied to pre-existing bookings. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply.
* TRANSPORTATION: Private, deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach while touring.
* AIRPORT TRANSFER TIMES & FLIGHT WINDOWS: Los Angeles Arrival Los Angeles International Airport - 1:00 AM - 11:59 PM
* CHILD POLICIES: Children ages between 0 to 7 are not allowed in this vacation.
* : Children ages 8 to 17 on the date of departure are welcomed if accompanied by an adult.
You might find some useful information here:
* NOTE: On vacations that include an overnight stay in Las Vegas, at least one member of the traveling party must be 21 years of age or older.
Some links to related information: