CAIRO, ALEXANDRIA & THE MEDITERRANEAN (6770)
8 Day Tour from Cairo to Cairo
- Sightseeing : Visits to Cairo, Giza, Alexandria, El Alamein, Memphis, Sakkara.
- Guides: Professional Tour Director while touring.
A mesmerizing country of ancient civilization, Egypt’s culture and mysterious past fascinate generation after generation. Your journey begins in Cairo, the most populated metro area in Africa. See the Sphinx, Valley Temple, and the great Giza pyramids, standing since approximately 2560 BC. Enjoy the included guided visit of the National Egyptian Museum as well as Coptic Cairo and the Saladin Citadel. Follow the Nile Delta to Alexandria on the Mediterranean Sea and visit the Fort of Qait, the gardens of Montaza Palace, and the new library. Along the Mediterranean coastal road, visit El Alamein, where two decisive battles were fought during WWII. On the way back to Cairo, visit one of the ancient Coptic monasteries and do some last-minute souvenir shopping at the Khan-el-Khalili bazaar. Discover more amazing sites as you visit the fascinating step pyramid of Sakkara and the open-air museum in Memphis.
For more information please contact HEERA at:
Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to explore this exciting city. Later, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers at a welcome dinner this evening. (D) Mövenpick Pyramids (F)
This morning, drive to the Giza Plateau to visit the three PYRAMIDS of Kings Cheops, Chephren, and Mykerinos, as well as the Valley Temple with the SPHINX. In the afternoon, visit the NATIONAL EGYPTIAN MUSEUM and listen to the historic commentary given by your Tour Director as you walk around the exhibit halls. Also admire the treasure of the “Boy King,“ Tutankhamun. Tonight, join the optional evening Nile dinner cruise, which includes belly dancing and a folklore show. (B) Mövenpick Pyramids (F)
Discover the oldest part of the city, known as Coptic Cairo, originally a Roman fortress town called “Babylon.” Today, some of the Roman walls can still be seen. Next, visit the CITADEL OF SALADIN with its beautiful MOSQUE. Leave Cairo and drive north through the Nile Delta area. Lunch is included en route. More vistas of the Egyptian countryside come alive before reaching Alexandria for three overnights. (B,L,D) Mövenpick Pyramids (F)
Alexandria, the “Pearl of the Mediterranean,” is the very essence of everything Egyptian—cosmopolitan, cultured, elegant, architecturally contrasting, effervescently alive, and, above all, conscious of its beauty and magnetism. On the included city sightseeing, see the CATACOMBS, POMPEY’S PILLAR, and the new ALEXANDRIA LIBRARY. Stop by the Fort of Qait, and enjoy a stroll around the GARDENS of the royal Montaza Palace. Afternoon and evening are at leisure. (B) Sheraton Alexandria (F)
Drive along the Mediterranean coastal road for a stop in El Alamein, made famous by the decisive victory of the Allies during WWII. Visit the military MUSEUM and CEMETERY and enjoy the included lunch before heading back to Alexandria. (B,L,D) Sheraton Alexandria (F)
Experience completely different scenery today as you travel back to Cairo on the desert road. Stop in Wadi el Natrun, situated in a valley dotted with oases. Visit one of the COPTIC MONASTERIES of this area and learn about the Coptic faith. Arrive in Cairo in time for some last-minute shopping at the KHAN-EL-KHALILI bazaar. (B,D) Concorde El Salaam (F)
Start the day with the included visit to the ancient Memphis OPEN-AIR MUSEUM. Then, see SAKKARA'S “stairway to the sky,“ the oldest of all pyramids. Later, time at leisure. (B) Concorde El Salaam (F)
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Prices are calculated per person as following:
- Adult Price: USD 1399 per person
- Child Price: USD 139.90 per person
Single room supplement: $350
No triple room reduction
Cairo Arrival Transfer : $25 Per person
Cairo Departure Transfer :$25 Per person
You may confirm this reservation with a $750.00 non-refundable deposit.
Following items are included in the price and you will not charge for them:
Price Does Not Include:
Following items are not included in the price and you may have to pay it:
- Passports; visas and vaccinations; transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director,
- Laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel ,ship, or restaurant)
- Additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary; porterage at airports or train stations
- Travel Protection premiums; and all other items of a personal nature.
Please read the policies carefully. This section contains important information.
* Meals Policies: Buffet breakfasts; 2 lunches; 4 dinners
* Remarks: Not applicable on TBA space. Not applicable to custom tours. Not combinable with any other promotion except the Journeys Club Repeat Traveler benefit and the current air promo. Applies to new 2015 bookings only, and offer will not be applied to pre-existing bookings. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Additional restrictions may apply; see Travel Terms & Conditions for details. May be withdrawn at any time.
* Child Policies: Children ages 8 to 12 on the date of departure are welcomed if accompanied by an adult.
* AIRPORT TRANSFER TIMES & FLIGHT WINDOWS: Cairo Arrival Cairo, Egypt - 24 hours daily
Cairo Departure Cairo, Egypt - 24 hours daily