NEW ENGLAND TRADITIONS
10 Day Tour from New York City to New York City
- In Boston; orientation tour in Albany; The Breakers mansion, Plimoth Plantation, whale watching with commentary, Mayflower II, Plymouth Rock, Beacon Hill, the Old North Church, Boston Common, cruise on the MS Mount Washington, maple syrup farm, and scenic ferry crossing into the state of New York. Inside visits as shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description, including admission charges where applicable.
- Newport, Village of Ogunquit, Lake Winnipesaukee, North Conway, Lake Champlain, Adirondack Mountains, and Lake Placid village.
- Local Guide for sightseeing in Boston; services of a professional Tour Director
Charming New England comes to life on this scenic and historic vacation. Start your trip in New York City, then travel to Newport, Rhode Island, home to magnificent mansions, skilled sailing, and fresh seafood. Continue to Plymouth, Massachusetts for two overnights and plenty of time to sightsee. Visit Plimoth Plantation, where costumed interpreters portray the early 17th-century lifestyle of the Pilgrims, and see Plymouth Rock, the spot where the Pilgrims landed in 1620. A major highlight in Plymouth is a whale-watching expedition for dolphins as well as finback and humpback whales.
Travel to historic Boston for a sightseeing tour of the major sites before spending an overnight in the oceanfront village of Ogunquit, Maine. Marvel at New England’s glorious fall foliage as you travel to Lake Winnipesaukee for a scenic cruise and an overnight in North Conway, New Hampshire. In Vermont, taste local maple syrup before boarding a ferry across Lake Champlain into New York. The foothills of the Adirondack Mountains guide you to Lake Placid, a former Winter Olympic site. Enjoy an orientation tour in Saratoga, known for its Victorian estates, before arriving in the capital of New York, Albany. From Albany, travel back to New York City for the end of your New England vacation. From the historic sites to the scenic beauty, this tour through New England is sure to delight.
For more information please contact HEERA at:
Welcome to the “Big Apple!” Enjoy time at leisure to relax or to do some independent exploring. Your Tour Director is on hand this evening to answer any questions. NEW YORK CITY Holiday Inn Express Manhattan West Side (ST).
Depart Manhattan this morning and follow the Connecticut shore via New Haven, of Yale University fame. Enter the tiny state of Rhode Island and see the sights in Newport, the Great Gatsby resort of spendthrift tycoons. Visit THE BREAKERS, Cornelius Vanderbilt’s magnificent 70-room Italian palazzo, then head north into Massachusetts. Spend the next two nights in the historic seaside port of Plymouth, where the Pilgrim Fathers landed aboard the Mayflower in 1620. (CB) NEW YORK CITY Holiday Inn Express Manhattan West Side (ST).
Begin the day with a visit to PLIMOTH PLANTATION, a living history museum of 17th-century Plymouth, where costumed interpreters portray residents of the colony. This afternoon, board a cruise boat and head out to sea for a true highlight of your trip—an exciting WHALE-WATCHING expedition with commentary by a local marine biologist. Keep your eyes peeled because these Atlantic waters are prime feeding ground for finback and humpback whales, as well as dolphins. Afterward, time to visit the historic town of Plymouth and Plymouth Rock, the spot where the Pilgrims landed. The evening is yours to relax or explore more of Plymouth. PLYMOUTH Radisson Hotel Plymouth Harbor (F).
This morning, visit the MAYFLOWER II and explore a reproduction of the ship that brought the Pilgrims to the New World. Afterward, head for Boston, the “Cradle of American Liberty,” where your afternoon and evening are open for independent activities. Your Tour Director will have plenty of suggestions for things to do and see. PLYMOUTH Radisson Hotel Plymouth Harbor (F).
This morning, included sightseeing with a Local Guide will show off many of the major highlights—Beacon Hill, the Old North Church (where Paul Revere was signaled of the departure of British troops to Lexington), Boston Common, and the Public Gardens. Afterward, time to explore Faneuil Hall before traveling for an overnight to the picture-perfect oceanfront village of Ogunquit, a haven for writers and artists. In the evening, sample the delicious local fare on an optional lobster bake excursion that includes steamed clams, Maine lobster, and delicious corn-on-the-cob. BOSTON Holiday Inn Boston–Brookline (MF).
Marvel at New England’s autumn splendor as we head northwest to Lake Winnipesaukee, one of the region’s largest and most beautiful stretches of water. Cruise across this island-dotted lake aboard the historic MS MOUNT WASHINGTON to the lake resort of Wolfeboro. Your overnight is in North Conway, with a backdrop of over 700,000 acres of protected White Mountain National Forest,which boasts the tallest peak in the East—Mount Washington at 6,288 feet. Your evening is free. (CB) OGUNQUIT Ogunquit River Inn & Suites (ST).
Travel through colorful autumnal forests and continue across New Hampshire. Next stop: Vermont, where birch, oak, and maple leaves form a kaleidoscope of brilliant yellows, oranges, and reds. After a stop in Montpelier, Vermont’s capital city, we visit a nearby MAPLE SYRUP FARM. Next up: Burlington on the shores of Lake Champlain. (CB) NORTH CONWAY Hampton Inn & Suites (ST).
Drive to the shores of Lake Champlain and board the ferry for the SCENIC CROSSING into the state of New York. Travel through the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains to the village of Lake Placid, site of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics. BURLINGTON Holiday Inn Burlington (F).
This morning, continue your exploration of the village to shop for souvenirs on Main Street, enjoy a leisurely stroll along Mirror Lake, or visit the Olympic Skating Center, where you can watch future Olympic athletes train. A late lunch stop in historic Saratoga in upstate New York. An orientation tour shows off the beautiful Victorian estates and downtown with its tree-lined streets, one-of-a-kind boutiques, and gorgeous floral plantings. Overnight near the historic capital of New York—Albany. (CB) LAKE PLACID Comfort Inn on Lake Placid (F).
The final leg of your journey takes you south into New York City. A stop at Newark International Airport for those with homebound flights. Please schedule flights after 4 pm. For guests with flights out of Kennedy or LaGuardia International Airports, transfers are not included, and it is suggested to book flights after 7 pm. The trip ends in Manhattan for those guests with extra nights. (CB) ALBANY Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Albany (ST).
Prices are calculated per person as following:
- Adult Price: USD 1759 per person
- Child Price: USD 1584 per person
Single Room Supplement:
Triple Room Reduction per person:
New York City Arrival Transfer New York - John F. Kennedy International Airport:
$20.00 per person
New York - Laguardia Airport:
$20.00 per person
Newark International Airport:
$20.00 per person
Based on the same arrival & departure date.
prices may vary in case of extra nights.
please call for the exact pricinig.
Cash,Credit cards and Bank transfers.
You may confirm this reservation with a $750.00 non-refundable deposit.
Following items are included in the price and you will not charge for them:
Price Does Not Include:
Following items are not included in the price and you may have to pay it:
- Visas and vaccinations
- Laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant)
- Additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary.
- Travel Protection premiums.
- The price listed does not include your airfare.
- Transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; porterage at airports or train stations.
Please read the policies carefully. This section contains important information.
* TRANSPORTATION: Private, deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach while touring.
* VALID FOR: Minimum 2 person travelling together.
* MEALS: 5 continental breakfasts
* AIRPORT TRANSFER TIMES & FLIGHT WINDOWS: New York City Arrival New York - John F. Kennedy International Airport - 1:00 AM - 11:59 PM
New York - Laguardia Airport - 1:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Newark International Airport - 1:00 AM - 11:59 PM
* CHILD POLICIES: Children ages between 0 to 7 are not allowed in this vacation.
* : Children ages 8 to 17 on the date of departure are welcomed if accompanied by an adult.
* STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES FOR ESCORTED AND INDEPENDENT VACATIONS: 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20%
21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30%
7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50%
On departure day and later: 100%
You might find some useful information here:
* NOTE: Whale sightings cannot be guaranteed, and cruising is dependent on weather conditions. When weather is unfavorable, a visit to the New Bedford Whaling Museum will be substituted.
Some links to related information: