8 Day Tour from Fairbanks to Anchorage
- In Fairbanks, Anchorage, and Seward; Sternwheeler Riverboat Discovery III, Anchorage Museum, and Alaska Sealife Center. Inside visits as shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description, including admission charges where applicable.
- Alyeska Pipeline, Nenana and Tanana Rivers, Denali National Park, Susitna River, National Scenic Byway, Seward, and a recreated Athabascan Indian village.
- Services of a professional Tour Director.
From Fairbanks to Anchorage, see what the "Great Land" of Alaska has to offer on this exhilarating vacation. In Alaska, wildlife viewing is abundant—from bald eagles to Dall sheep —and this tour also gives you the opportunity to see spectacular scenery. Begin your trip in Fairbanks, Alaska’s second-largest city, with time to explore the city’s sights. Cruise down the Nenana and Tanana Rivers aboard a sternwheeler riverboat. Then, head to Denali National Park for free time to explore on your own, or you can opt to hike, whitewater raft, or “flightsee” Mount McKinley. Also visit an Iditarod Dogsled Center to learn about this epic race, and travel aboard the legendary Alaska Railroad to Anchorage, Alaska’s largest city, with time to explore the city’s sights. Travel to Seward “Gateway to Kenai Fjords National Park,” on the Seward Highway to visit the Alaska Sealife Center, a research facility that offers an up-close experience with marine wildlife from the Gulf of Alaska. Your trip ends in Anchorage—the vacation of a lifetime!
For more information please contact HEERA at:
Welcome to Fairbanks, the state’s second-largest city. Enjoy time at leisure to relax or to do some independent exploring. Your Tour Director is on hand this evening to answer any questions. FAIRBANKS Bridgewater Hotel (MF).
Morning sightseeing features the highlights of this historic Alaskan city and includes a visit to the Alyeska Pipeline and the chance to learn about the Gold Rush heritage of this community. Board the STERNWHEELER RIVERBOAT Discovery III for a leisurely cruise on the Nenana and Tanana Rivers, and visit a recreated ATHABASCAN INDIAN VILLAGE. Listen as the ship’s guides discuss the wildlife, history, geology, and customs of the region. FAIRBANKS Bridgewater Hotel (MF).
Today we make our way from Fairbanks to DENALI NATIONAL PARK. Stop in the town of Nenana, where they drove the golden spike in 1923 to signal the completion of the Alaska Railroad. Your afternoon and evening are free for exploring on your own. Take advantage of the park service programs, along with optional activities that can be purchased. FAIRBANKS Bridgewater Hotel (MF).
A free day for independent activities. A hike along the many wilderness trails might be good fun. Also take advantage of several optional outings, including a wildlife tour to seek out grizzly bears, caribou, moose, and Dall sheep; a raft trip down the Nenana River; or a helicopter ride over the park. Your Tour Director will have plenty of other suggestions. DENALI NATIONAL PARK Denali Bluffs Hotel (F).
Board the world-famous ALASKA RAILROAD for a memorable journey as you wind along the Susitna River to Anchorage. Sit back in comfort and enjoy spectacular scenery through wide windows. Be sure to take advantage of the domed-roof car and, if the weather cooperates, you will have the opportunity to view Mount McKinley from the train. DENALI NATIONAL PARK Denali Bluffs Hotel (F).
Today begins with city sightseeing of Anchorage. Visit the ANCHORAGE MUSEUM, where you will see a quality display of artifacts from Alaska’s native people. Enjoy a free afternoon in Anchorage to explore. ANCHORAGE Ramada Downtown Anchorage (MF).
Travel this morning to Seward, “Gateway to Kenai Fjords National Park,” on the Seward Highway, a designated National Scenic Byway. Included is a visit to the ALASKA SEALIFE CENTER, a research facility that offers an up-close experience with marine wildlife from the Gulf of Alaska. Witness a stellar sea lion gliding past underwater viewing windows, puffins diving in a carefully crafted naturalistic habitat, and harbor seals resting on rocky beaches. Your afternoon is free to join some optional adventures such as a cruise into Kenai Fjords National Park, where you travel up to the face of a glacier, or visit the kennels of the Seavey family, winners of the Iditarod Races from 2012-2014, and ride behind a dogsled team at Ididaride. If you choose to stay in Seward, enjoy lunch in the charming downtown and a scenic walk along the coastal trail. This evening, return to Anchorage. ANCHORAGE Ramada Downtown Anchorage (MF).
The trip ends today with guests departing on individual schedules. Transfers to Anchorage International Airport are included. ANCHORAGE Ramada Downtown Anchorage (MF).
Prices are calculated per person as following:
- Adult Price: USD 1779 per person
- Child Price: USD 1602 per person
Single Room Supplement:
$625 (May 25 & September 7)
$705 (June 1-August 31)
Triple Room Reduction per person:
$130 (May 25 & September 7)
$150 (June 1-August 31)
Based on the same arrival & departure date.
prices may vary in case of extra nights.
please call for the exact pricinig.
Cash,Credit cards and Bank transfers.
You may confirm this reservation with a $750.00 non-refundable deposit.
Following items are included in the price and you will not charge for them:
Price Does Not Include:
Following items are not included in the price and you may have to pay it:
- Visas and vaccinations.
- Laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant)
- Additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary.
- Travel Protection premiums.
- Transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; porterage at airports or train stations.
- The price listed does not include your airfare.
Please read the policies carefully. This section contains important information.
* MEALS: This betterbooking travel package does not include meals. Most of our hotels offer anything from coffee to a full breakfast, so you can start the day the way you like best. At most lunch stops, your Tour Director will have information on local restaurants. Dinnertime is your chance to sample local cuisine. Sometimes your Tour Director will offer an optional dinner outing.
* VALID FOR: Minimum 2 person travelling together.
* CHILD POLICIES: Children ages between 0 to 7 are not allowed in this vacation.
* : Children ages 8 to 17 on the date of departure are welcomed if accompanied by an adult.
Some links to related information: