FROM ST. PAUL'S TO ST. PETER'S (5900)
12 Day Tour from London to Rome
- Shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description including admission charges where applicable.
- Visits to Lucerne, Lugano, Verona, Venice, Montecatini, Pisa
- Burgundy Wine Country, Swiss Alps
- Host service in London. Local Guides for city sightseeing in Paris, Florence, Rome. Professional Tour Director while touring
Begin your vacation in London with two overnights and leisure time to make your own discoveries in this lively city. Cross the English Channel by Eurostar train to Paris. Your 2-night stay here includes guided sightseeing that highlights the Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysées, and the Eiffel Tower. Enjoy time to explore the French capital at your own pace. Head southeast through Burgundy to picture-perfect Lucerne in Switzerland. Then, visit Lugano in the Italian-speaking Swiss canton of Ticino before crossing into Italy. Stop in Verona to see Juliet’s balcony, and in beautiful Venice for two overnights, a canal boat ride to St. Mark’s Square, and free time to maybe try an optional gondola ride. In Florence, “Cradle of the Renaissance,” enjoy a guided walking tour that introduces you to Santa Croce, Signoria Square, Palazzo Vecchio, and more. Admire the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa before spending two nights in the “Eternal City” of Rome, with guided sightseeing that highlights St. Peter’s Square, the Roman Forum, and the mighty Colosseum.
For more information please contact HEERA at:
Check into your hotel. In the afternoon, you may want to start exploring the lively British capital. Uniformed hosts are available to help you make the most of your stay. LONDON Kensington Close (ST) or Novotel London West (F).
A full day to savor our rich program of optional activities: take a panoramic tour of London’s landmarks, visit the Tower of London, or choose an excursion to Windsor Castle. Tonight, maybe a leisurely cruise on the Thames River? (B) LONDON Kensington Close (ST) or Novotel London West (F).
Board the EUROSTAR TRAIN to Paris. Here, you’ll be met by your Tour Director and luxury coach. Overnight in Paris. (B) LONDON Kensington Close (ST) or Novotel London West (F).
Paris is a world-class city that probably has more familiar landmarks than almost any other city in the world. This morning, see them during the included city tour. View the famous Arc de Triomphe, Opéra, Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysées, and much more with a Local Guide. In the afternoon, feel like a French aristocrat as you join the optional walking tour through the immense Palace of Versailles. This evening, why not join an optional welcome dinner? (B) PARIS Courtyard Arcueil (F) or Kyriad Bercy (ST).
Fascinating, ever-changing scenery today. Views of Fontainebleau Forest, the wine-growing area of Burgundy, then prosperous farms and tidy half-timbered villages as you head through the Alpine heart of Switzerland to the picture-book Lucerne area. (B,D) PARIS Courtyard Arcueil (F) or Kyriad Bercy (ST).
One of Switzerland’s finest cities, Lucerne is nestled amid its snowcapped Alps, surrounded by its lake, and embellished by the clear mountain waters of the Reuss River. The orientation includes the LION MONUMENT, erected in memory of the 800 Swiss Guards who defended Louis XVI and his wife. See also the famous wooden CHAPEL BRIDGE. A grand selection of optional activities completes the day: a cable-car ride to the 10,000-foot summit of Mount Titlis; a cruise on the fjord-like lake; and, of course, time to shop for that very Swiss watch. (B) LUCERNE AREA Luzernerhof (ST) or Ibis Styles (ST) or Postillon (ST) or Ibis (ST) at Kriens.
More wonderful Alpine scenery as you drive into the mountain ranges that surround the massive St. Gotthard. Once through its great tunnel, you’ll start your scenic descent into the warmer and sunnier ambiance of the Canton Ticino. Stop in beautiful Lugano and take a stroll along the lakeside promenade. Later, cross into Italy and drive through the Lombardy plains to Verona, the city of Romeo and Juliet, also known as "Little Rome" for its splendid amphitheater still standing in its former glory. Overnight in the Venice area. (B) LUCERNE AREA Luzernerhof (ST) or Ibis Styles (ST) or Postillon (ST) or Ibis (ST) at Kriens.
Venice is more like a marvelous film set than a real live city, with criss-crossing canals, gondolas and water buses, arched bridges, palaces, and busy little piazzas. The orientation starts with a BOAT RIDE and is followed by a chance to watch Venetian GLASSBLOWERS fashion their delicate objects as they did centuries ago. Don’t miss out on the optional gondola trip, gliding along the picturesque canals with a local troubadour to serenade you. (B,D) VENICE AREA Poppi (ST) at Mira or Holiday Inn (ST) at Marghera or Mercure (F) at Marghera.
Start the day by journeying south across the Apennines into the gentle and hilly countryside of Tuscany. Then, to Florence for an included walking tour with a Local Guide. Overnight in Montecatini. (B,D) VENICE AREA Poppi (ST) at Mira or Holiday Inn (ST) at Marghera or Mercure (F) at Marghera .
This morning, stop in Pisa to see the famed SQUARE OF MIRACLES and to view the Leaning Tower. Then, journey south to Rome. Tonight, an optional evening drive through the city, a floodlit spectacular of shimmering fountains, magnificent churches, and piazzas, followed by dinner. (B) MONTECATINI Settentrionale Esplanade (F) or Grand Hotel du Park et Regina (ST) .
Today's sightseeing with a Local Guide features ST. PETER'S SQUARE, and includes an inside visit of the COLOSSEUM and the ROMAN FORUM. (B) ROME Park Hotel Dei Massimi (F).
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B) ROME Park Hotel Dei Massimi (F).
Prices are calculated per person as following:
- Adult Price: USD 2299 per person
- Child Price: USD 229.90 per person
Single room supplement: $667
No triple room reduction.
London Arrival Transfer London Gatwick Airport :
$25.00 per person
London Heathrow Airport:
$25.00 per person
Rome Departure Transfer Rome - Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) Airport:
$25.00 per person
Cash,Credit cards and Bank transfers.
You may confirm this reservation with a $750.00 non-refundable deposit.
Following items are included in the price and you will not charge for them:
- Buffet breakfasts; 3 dinners
Price Does Not Include:
Following items are not included in the price and you may have to pay it:
- Visas and vaccinations.
- Laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant)
- Additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary.
- Travel Protection premiums.
- Transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; porterage at airports or train stations.
- The price listed does not include your airfare.
Please read the policies carefully. This section contains important information.
* CHILD POLICIES: Children ages 8 to 17 on the date of departure are welcomed if accompanied by an adult.
* INFANT POLICY: Infant less than 2 years old consider infant and free of charge ( Except flight ticket ).
* MEALS: Buffet breakfasts; 3 dinners
* CANCELLATION POLICY: 25% Penalty less than 2 weeks to arrival - 50% Penalty less than 1 week to arrival - 100% Penalty less than 1 days to arrival or no shows.
* VALID FOR: Minimum 2 person travelling together.
* REMARK: Not applicable on TBA space. Not applicable to custom tours. Not combinable with any other promotion except the Journeys Club Repeat Traveler benefit and the current air promo. Applies to new 2015 bookings only, and offer will not be applied to pre-existing bookings. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply.
* AIRPORT TRANSFER TIMES & FLIGHT WINDOWS:
London Arrival London Gatwick Airport - 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM
London Heathrow Airport - 24 hours daily
Rome Departure Rome - Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) Airport - 24 hours daily
You might find some useful information here:
Some links to related information: