GEMS OF ITALY, FRANCE & SPAIN
19 Day Tour from Rome to Madrid
- Shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description including admission charges where applicable.
- Visits to Montecatini, Venice, Verona, Montecarlo, Grasse, Avignon, Bordeaux, Biarritz, Bilbao, Pamplona, Valencia, Cuenca, Aranjuez
- Emilia-Romagna region, Po Valley, Italian & French Rivieras, Loire Valley, Landes region, Basque Country
- Local Guides for city sightseeing in Rome, Florence, Parma, Milan, Lyon, Paris, Lyon, Barcelona, Madrid. Professional Tour Director while touring
This Mediterranean journey takes you from Rome to Paris to Madrid, with many fascinating stops along the way. Your vacation begins in Rome with two overnights and guided sightseeing that visits the Roman Forum, St. Peter’s Square, and the Colosseum. Next up: splendid Florence, “Cradle of the Renaissance;” the romantic floating city of Venice; and Milan, capital of fashion. Also visit Montecatini, Parma, and Verona—cities that are less well-known but just as fascinating. Cross the border into France for two nights on the elegant French Riviera, then on to Avignon to see the Palace of the Popes. Overnight in Lyon before reaching Paris, the “City of Light,” to experience all its main highlights. Explore the wine-growing area of Bordeaux, then reach Bilbao on the Atlantic Coast. Cross to the Mediterranean shores of Spain via Pamplona and spend two nights in lively Barcelona, the city of Gaudi. On to Valencia, host of the America’s Cup sailing event, then arrive in fabulous Madrid, the capital of Spain, for the grand finale of your exciting adventure.
For more information please contact HEERA at:
Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore this ancient capital. In the afternoon, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. ROME Park Hotel dei Massimi (F).
Rome, the “Eternal City,” is a city steeped in history, vibrantly alive and exciting, and absolutely unique! Included sightseeing with a Local Guide starts in ST. PETER’S SQUARE, followed by a visit to the ROMAN FORUM and iconic COLOSSEUM. (B) ROME Park Hotel dei Massimi (F).
Travel to Florence, “Cradle of the Renaissance” and city of the powerful Medici dynasty. The included walking tour with a Local Guide features most of the city highlights. You will see Piazza Santa Croce, beautiful Piazza Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, Loggia dei Lanzi, and the impressive Piazza del Duomo with its cathedral housing the Giotto Campanile, and the magnificent East Door of the Baptistry, known as the “Gate of Paradise.” Later, a short drive delivers you to the spa town of Montecatini for an overnight. (B,D) ROME Park Hotel dei Massimi (F).
This morning, by way of Cisa Pass, head for Parma in the Emilia-Romagna region, made famous by its ham and parmesan cheese. Included sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the city’s hidden treasures. Later, continue into the farmland of the Po Valley for two overnights in the Venice area. (B) MONTECATINI Astoria (F) or Settentrionale Esplanade (F).
Venice is more like a marvelous film set than a real live city, with its criss-crossing canals, gondolas and water buses, arched bridges, palaces, and quiet little piazzas. The included orientation starts with a BOAT RIDE to ST. MARK’S SQUARE and is followed by time at leisure and a chance to watch Venetian GLASSBLOWERS fashion their delicate objects as they did centuries ago. Don’t miss out on the quintessential Venice experience: an optional gondola ride along the picturesque canals with alocal troubadour to serenade you. (B,D) VENICE AREA Antony Palace (F) at Marcon or Poppi (ST) at Mira.
Stop in Verona, medieval setting of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. See Juliet’s house and balcony, and stroll around the picturesque market square. Then, on to vibrant Milan, hub of Italy’s economic miracle and the capital of fashion. Enjoy a short city sightseeing tour with a Local Guide. (B) VENICE AREA Antony Palace (F) at Marcon or Poppi (ST) at Mira.
An early start this morning as you journey south with views of the Italian Riviera. En route, visit Monte Carlo before arriving in the Cannes area. (B) MILAN Holiday Inn Garibaldi Station (F) or Holiday Inn Express (ST) at Malpensa.
This morning visit a PERFUME FACTORY in Grasse. Later maybe join an optional excursion to the picturesque hilltop townof St. Paul de Vence. (B) CANNES AREA Ibis (ST) at Mouans Sartoux or Ibis Styles Nice Vieux Port (ST).
First, head to Avignon today for an included visit of the magnificent PALACE OF THE POPES (audioguide included). Then, on to Lyon, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, for an overnight. (B,D) LYON Lyon Ouest (ST) or Parkest (ST).
Start the day with included guided sightseeing. Then, travel through the picturesque Burgundy vineyards and fields toward Paris, the French capital and “City of Light.” Tonight, don’t miss the optional cabaret outing—a true Parisian spectacle! (B) LYON Lyon Ouest (ST) or Parkest (ST).
Included sightseeing with a local expert takes in many of the must-see Parisian sights: Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Opéra, La Sorbonne, Madeleine, the Pyramid near the Louvre, the Invalides, and Champs Elysées. Optional excursions to other famous Parisian sights are also available. (B) PARIS Campanile Porte d'Itali (ST) or Kyriad Bercy (ST).
Start the day by motoring south along the Loire River to Amboise for a visit with a Local Guide to its splendid 11th-century CASTLE that was a favorite of French kings. Continue through the Cognac Region and head towards Bordeaux on the banks of the Garonne. (B,D) PARIS Campanile Porte d'Itali (ST) or Kyriad Bercy (ST).
Leave the Landes region. Visit Biarritz, an ancient fishing village turned trendy seaside resort, before crossing the border into Spain. Overnight in the Basque capital and port town of Bilbao. (B,D) BORDEAUX Mercure Centre Meriadeck (ST).
Depart Bilbao this morning and stop in Pamplona, capital of the ancient Kingdom of Navarra, before reaching Barcelona, Catalonia’s lively and beautiful capital. (B,D) BILBAO Abba Parque (ST).
This morning’s included sightseeing with a Local Guide features a drive around Montjuïc to see the Olympic Stadium and a great panoramic view of the port and city. You arrive at the city center’s Plaza Catalunya and to Paseo de Gracia to marvel at Gaudi’s architectural masterpieces in the Houses Batlló and Mila and the Sagrada Familia (entrance fees not included). (B) BARCELONA Porta Fira (F) BARCELONA Porta Fira (F).
Pass through fragrant orange groves and charming seaside resorts past Tarragona and on to Valencia, known for having hosted the America's Cup in 2005. Join the optional excursion drive along wide avenues lined with fig and palm trees, and along the old quarter’s narrow streets past fine gothic houses and typical patios. (B) BARCELONA Porta Fira (F).
Leave the coast and head inland, stopping in the historical towns of Cuenca and Aranjuez, situated on the Castilian Plain. Travel on to Madrid, the Spanish capital, with time to enjoy a relaxed evening. (B) VALENCIA Abba Acteon (F).
Situated 2,180 feet above sea level, the Spaniards say Madrid is the nearest thing to heaven. Guided sightseeing starts with a full panoramic drive by way of the Avenida Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Parliament Square, and a picture stop outside the Royal Palace. The optional trip to Toledo is most rewarding, too! The splendid setting of this old walled city above the Tagus was made famous in El Greco’s painting, and even now it’s like a great open-air museum. (B,D) MADRID Rafaelhoteles Ventas (ST).
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B) MADRID Rafaelhoteles Ventas (ST).
Prices are calculated per person as following:
- Adult Price: USD 2859 per person
- Child Price: USD 2574 per person
Single room supplement: $900
No triple room reduction.
Rome Arrival Transfer Rome - Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) Airport:
$25.00 per person
Madrid Departure Transfer Madrid Barajas Airport:
$25.00 per person
Cash,Credit cards and Bank transfers.
You may confirm this reservation with a $750.00 non-refundable deposit.
Following items are included in the price and you will not charge for them:
- Buffet breakfasts; 7 dinners
Price Does Not Include:
Following items are not included in the price and you may have to pay it:
- Visas and vaccinations.
- Laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant)
- Additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary.
- Travel Protection premiums.
- Transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; porterage at airports or train stations.
- The price listed does not include your airfare.
Please read the policies carefully. This section contains important information.
* MEALS: Buffet breakfasts; 7 dinners
* CANCELLATION POLICY: 25% Penalty less than 2 weeks to arrival - 50% Penalty less than 1 week to arrival - 100% Penalty less than 1 days to arrival or no shows.
* VALID FOR: Minimum 2 person travelling together.
* REMARK: Not applicable on TBA space. Not applicable to custom tours. Not combinable with any other promotion except the Journeys Club Repeat Traveler benefit and the current air promo. Applies to new 2015 bookings only, and offer will not be applied to pre-existing bookings. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply.
* AIRPORT TRANSFER TIMES & FLIGHT WINDOWS: Rome Arrival Rome - Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) Airport - 7:00 AM - 8:30 PM
SET TRANSFERS AT 7:30am, 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 6:00pm & 9:00pm
Madrid Departure Madrid Barajas Airport - 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM
* CHILD POLICIES: Children ages between 0 to 7 are not allowed in this vacation.
* : Children ages 8 to 17 on the date of departure are welcomed if accompanied by an adult.
Some links to related information: