FROM ROME TO LONDON (5910)
12 Day Tour from Rome to London
- Shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description including admission charges where applicable.
- Visits to Pisa, Venice, Cortina d’Ampezzo, Innsbruck, Vaduz, Lucerne.
- Tuscany, Dolomites, Inn Valley, Swiss Alps, Burgundy Wine Country.
- Local Guides for city sightseeing in Rome, Florence, Paris. Professional Tour Director while touring.
Your journey begins with two overnights in the Italian capital of Rome and guided sightseeing that highlights the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and the Vatican’s St. Peter’s Square. Head north to see Pisa’s Leaning Tower and to Renaissance Florence, featuring sculpture-filled Signoria Square, Palazzo Vecchio, the Giotto Campanile, and the Brunelleschi Cupola in Piazza del Duomo. Spend two nights in the Venice area, with an included canal boat ride to St. Mark’s Square and free time to explore. Ascend the mighty Dolomites, stopping in Cortina, then continue into the Austrian Tyrol to Innsbruck. Stop in the tiny Principality of Liechtenstein and later arrive in Switzerland’s medieval lakeside Lucerne for two overnights. On to Paris for guided sightseeing, free time to make your own discoveries, and two overnights. Cross the English Channel by ferry to jolly old England! Your holiday ends in London, the perfect end to a great adventure.
For more information please contact HEERA at:
Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to explore this ancient capital. In the afternoon, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. ROME Pineta Palace (ST).
Today's sightseeing with a Local Guide features ST. PETER'S SQUARE, and includes an inside visit of the COLOSSEUM and the ROMAN FORUM. (B) ROME Pineta Palace (ST).
Vistas of undulating hills, austere rows of cypress trees, terraced vineyards, olive groves, and rural villages form the backdrop of your journey through beautiful Tuscany. Take a break in Pisa to see the SQUARE OF MIRACLES and the amazing Leaning Tower, then on to Florence. (B,D) ROME Pineta Palace (ST).
Birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence was for centuries a leading power. On the included walking tour with an expert Local Guide, discover the landmarks of this amazing city, like Piazza Signoria with the Loggia dei Lanzi, Palazzo Vecchio, and the breathtaking cathedral on Piazza del Duomo. Later, watch how leather is embossed with gold, and enjoy free time to shop. In the afternoon, drive north across the Po River into the Plains of Venetia for two overnights in the Venice area. (B) FLORENCE Meridiana (ST) or Italiana Hotels Florence (ST).
Venice is known worldwide for its carnival and its film festival. Today, reach Venice by private MOTORBOAT to view the Bridge of Sighs and the Doges' Palace plus St. Mark's Basilica before the visit to a GLASSBLOWING WORKSHOP. Don’t miss out on the optional gondola trip, gliding along the picturesque canals with a local troubadour to serenade you. (B,D) VENICE AREA Holiday Inn (ST) at Marghera.
Leave the plains of the Veneto region behind and drive northwards to spot the spectacular peaks of the Dolomites. Stop awhile in Cortina to enjoy the grand scenery. Later, cross over the Europa Bridge and Brenner Pass into Austria to reach Innsbruck in time to see the the famous Golden Roof, emblem of the city. (B) VENICE AREA Holiday Inn (ST) at Marghera.
Drive through the valleys and villages of the mountainous Tyrol to the Arlberg tunnel, descending into Switzerland. Stop briefly in Vaduz, Liechtenstein’s capital. Majestic alpine scenery and glimpses of Lake Walen enchant you on the way to the Lucerne area. (B) INNSBRUCK AREA Ramada Tivoli (ST).
One of Switzerland’s finest cities, Lucerne is nestled amid its snowcapped Alps, surrounded by its lake, and embellished by the clear mountain waters of the Reuss River. The orientation includes the LION MONUMENT, erected in memory of the 800 Swiss Guards who defended Louis XVI and his wife. See also the famous wooden CHAPEL BRIDGE. A grand selection of optional activities completes the day: a cable-car ride to the 10,000-foot summit of Mount Titlis; a cruise on the fjord-like lake; and, of course, time to shop for that very Swiss watch. (B) LUCERNE AREA Ibis Styles (ST) or Drei Könige (ST) or Ibis Kriens (ST).
Vistas of green pastures and attractive chalets with rustic timbering and luxuriant flowers. Then, into France on the highway, past some of its most famous vineyards, to Paris. Arrive in time to enjoy the optional cabaret show. (B) LUCERNE AREA Ibis Styles (ST) or Drei Könige (ST) or Ibis Kriens (ST).
Paris is a world-class city that probably has more familiar landmarks than almost any other city in the world. This morning, see them during the included city tour. View the famous Arc de Triomphe, Opéra, Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysées, and much more with a Local Guide. In the afternoon, feel like a French aristocrat as you join the optional walking tour through the immense Palace of Versailles. Tonight, consider joining the optional farewell dinner. (B) PARIS Kyriad Prestige Boulogne (F) or Ibis Styles Fontenay (ST).
Relax and let the countryside whiz by on the road north to the coast, where you board your Channel FERRY. Through Kent to London for an evening arrival. (B) LONDON DoubleTree by Hilton London – Chelsea (F) or Novotel London West (F).
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B) LONDON DoubleTree by Hilton London – Chelsea (F) or Novotel London West (F).
Prices are calculated per person as following:
- Adult Price: USD 2205 per person
- Child Price: USD 220.50 per person
Single supplement price is $608.00.
Rome Arrival Transfer Rome - Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) Airport:
$25.00 per person
London Departure Transfer London Gatwick Airport :
$25.00 per person
London Heathrow Airport:
$25.00 per person
Cash,Credit cards and Bank transfers.
You may confirm this reservation with a $750.00 non-refundable deposit.
Following items are included in the price and you will not charge for them:
- Buffet breakfasts; 2 dinners
Price Does Not Include:
Following items are not included in the price and you may have to pay it:
- Visas and vaccinations.
- Laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant)
- Additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary.
- Travel Protection premiums.
- The price listed does not include your airfare.
- Transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; porterage at airports or train stations.
Please read the policies carefully. This section contains important information.
* CANCELLATION POLICIES: 25% Penalty less than 2 weeks to arrival - 50% Penalty less than 1 week to arrival - 100% Penalty less than 1 days to arrival or no shows.
* CHILD POLICIES: Children ages 8 to 17 on the date of departure are welcomed if accompanied by an adult.
* INFANT POLICY: Infant less than 2 years old consider infant and free of charge ( Except flight ticket ).
* VALID FOR: Minimum 2 person travelling together.
* REMARK: Not applicable on TBA space. Not applicable to custom tours. Not combinable with any other promotion except the Journeys Club Repeat Traveler benefit and the current air promo. Applies to new 2015 bookings only, and offer will not be applied to pre-existing bookings. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply.
* MEALS: Buffet breakfasts; 2 dinners
* AIRPORT TRANSFER TIMES & FLIGHT WINDOWS: Rome Arrival Rome - Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) Airport - 7:00 AM - 8:30 PM
SET TRANSFERS AT 7:30am, 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 6:00pm & 9:00pm
London Gatwick Airport - 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM
London Heathrow Airport - 24 hours daily
Some links to related information: