JEWELS OF SPAIN & PORTUGAL
9 Day Tour from Madrid to Madrid
- Shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description including admission charges where applicable.
- Visits to Avila, Salamanca, Coimbra, Fátima, Obidos, Seville, Cordoba
- Serra da Estrela, Andalusia, La Mancha
This exciting adventure introduces you to the fascinating major cities of the Iberian Peninsula, many of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Begin with an overnight in the Spanish capital of Madrid. Then, visit fortified Avila and pretty Salamanca, pearls of the Castile region, and cross the Serra da Estrela into Portugal to reach Coimbra, a charming hillside town that overlooks the Mondego River. Stop in Fatima to see its famous sanctuary, then on to the awesome walled city of Obidos with its towers and bastions. Spend two nights in Lisbon and discover explorer Henry the Navigator’s exquisite city. Travel back into Spain via the Sierra de Aracena for two overnights in Seville, a lively city on the banks of the Guadalquivir River. The city center boasts many stunning highlights, including the cathedral, Alcazar, and Plaza d’España. Admire the Andalusian landscapes on the way to Cordoba with its lovely Mezquita. Travel across Don Quixote’s La Mancha, known for its castles and windmills, and return to Madrid for the final two nights of your vacation.
For more information please contact Heera at:
Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to start exploring lively Madrid. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D) NH Ribera de Manzanares (F).
Journey west to fortified Avila, then on to Salamanca, just six miles from the spot where Wellington routed Napoleon’s army in 1812. Make sure you spend some time wandering around Salamanca’s Plaza Mayor, the most beautiful square in Spain. Leave Salamanca and journey into the valley of the Serra da Estrela on your way for an overnight in Coimbra. (B,D) Dom Luis (ST).
This morning, enjoy an orientation tour of Coimbra, strategically situated on a hill overlooking the Mondego River. Next, Fátima. Stop here to see the SANCTUARY, made famous by the Virgin Mary’s apparition to three shepherd children—Francisco, Jacinth, and Lucia—on May 13, 1917. A few more miles for a stop in Obidos, a fortified city still flanked by towers and bastions overlooking the countryside dotted with windmills. Overnight in Lisbon. (B) Roma (F).
Henry the Navigator made Lisbon the 15th-century “Mistress of the Seas.” You’ll see his monument, the Belem Tower, the Moorish Citadel, the impressive Black Horse Square, and other highlights on the guided sightseeing excursion. Spend the afternoon in the Alfama’s tile-decorated streets, or take an optional excursion along the Estoril Coast to Cascais and Sintra. (B) LISBON Roma(F).
Drive southeast this morning into the Alentejo through the countryside famous for its production of cork. Then, on to the border at Vila Verde and cross into Spain for the journey into Andalusia, enjoying quite different scenery as you skirt the Sierra de Aracena before reaching delightful Seville for two overnights. (B,D) LISBON Roma (F)
One of Spain’s most colorful cities. Perhaps you’d like to spend the morning enjoying an optional sightseeing tour including the main highlights of this vibrant city. (B) SEVILLE Don Paco (ST).
Drive north towards Carmona, an Old World country town dominated by an ancient Alcazar (fortress), to Cordoba. This is Spain’s most Moorish city with its great mosque, which is rightly known as one of Islam’s greatest pieces of architecture outside the Arab world and now a Catholic cathedral since 1236. Later, into the very heart of La Mancha, famed for its castles and windmills. Overnight in Madrid. (B) SEVILLE Don Paco (ST).
Not only is it the capital of Spain, but because it is situated 2,180 feet above sea level, the Spaniards rightly say Madrid is the nearest thing to heaven. Enjoy the main highlights on the included guided sightseeing excursion. The optional trip to Toledo is rewarding in more ways than one; the splendid setting of this old walled city above the Tagus was made famous in El Greco’s painting, and even now it’s like a great open-air museum of Spanish history and art. (B) MADRID Praga (ST).
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B) MADRID Praga (ST).
Prices are calculated per person as following:
- Adult Price: USD 1339 per person
- Child Price: USD 1206 per person
Single supplement price is $400.00.
No triple room reduction.
Madrid Arrival Transfer $25.00 per person
Madrid Departure Transfer $25.00 per person
Based on the same arrival & departure date.
prices may vary in case of extra nights.
please call for the exact pricinig.
Cash,Credit card or Bank transfer.
You may confirm this reservation with a $250.00 non-refundable deposit.
Following items are included in the price and you will not charge for them:
- Buffet breakfasts; 3 dinners
Price Does Not Include:
Following items are not included in the price and you may have to pay it:
- Visas and vaccinations.
- Laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant)
- Additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary.
- Travel Protection premiums.
- Transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; porterage at airports or train stations.
- The price listed does not include your airfare.
Please read the policies carefully. This section contains important information.
* MEALS: Buffet breakfasts; 3 dinners.
* VALID FOR: Minimum 2 person travelling together.
* AIRPORT TRANSFER TIMES & FLIGHT WINDOWS: Madrid Arrival Madrid Barajas Airport - 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
SET TRANSFERS AT 9:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm & 5:00pm.
Madrid Departure Madrid Barajas Airport - 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
* CHILD POLICIES: Children ages between 0 to 7 are not allowed in this vacation.
* : Children ages 8 to 17 on the date of departure are welcomed if accompanied by an adult.
* STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES FOR ESCORTED AND INDEPENDENT VACATIONS: 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20%
21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30%
7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50%
On departure day and later: 100%
Some information to download about destination and related activities :
Some links to related information: