MOSCOW & ST. PETERSBURG
8 Day Tour from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- Inside visits and special features: Shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description including admission charges where applicable.
- Guides: Local Guides for city sightseeing in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Sergiyev Posad, Peterhof Palace & Gardens, and Hermitage Museum (entrance fees included). Professional Tour Director while touring.
Discover the best of Russia on this vacation that focuses on the old and new capitals. Spend three overnights each in Moscow and St. Petersburg with a good balance of organized activities and free time to explore as you please. In Moscow, visit Red Square, the Kremlin, and one of its cathedrals, and take a short ride on the Metro to see the famous stations. Admire the Trinity Monastery of St. Sergiyev, a splendid architectural treasure featuring a 5-tiered bell tower. An overnight train ride transfers you to St. Petersburg, the magnificent city built by Peter the Great. See the city’s landmarks on a guided sightseeing tour, and enjoy a visit to the Hermitage Museum in the Winter Palace, a masterpiece of baroque architecture and home to a collection of precious paintings. This memorable vacation will certainly broaden your horizons!
For more information please contact HEERA at:
Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to explore the Russian capital. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D) MOSCOW Holiday Inn Suschevsky (F).
Sightseeing with a Local Guide this morning will include a drive into RED SQUARE, then a walk past St. Basil’s, a visit to the KREMLIN and one of its cathedrals, and one of Moscow’s famed underground Metro stations. Free time to join other optional activities or do your own exploring of Russia’s fascinating capital. (B daily) MOSCOW Holiday Inn Suschevsky (F).
Enjoy a day excursion that includes a visit to the TRINITY MONASTERY OF ST. SERGIYEV, founded by St. Sergiyev, one of Russia’s most revered holy men. To this day, thousands flock to the monastery not only as an act of religious belief but also to see one of Russia’s greatest and most splendid architectural treasures. It is also used by filmmakers because of its five-tiered bell tower, uniquely beautiful and equally photogenic. After dinner in Moscow, transfer to the station for your OVERNIGHT TRAIN to St. Petersburg. (B,L,D) MOSCOW Holiday Inn Suschevsky (F).
See the highlights on the city tour with a Local Guide. Created in 1703 by Peter the Great, this city was made the capital of all the Russias. Although not one of Russia’s oldest, it is steeped in history, particularly from the early 20th century to the end of the World War II when it endured one of the longest and cruelest sieges in modern history. A whole afternoon to do some individual exploring and to get to know more about this fascinating city. (B,L) ST. PETERSBURG Sokos Olympic Garden (F).
After breakfast, join the included visit to the PETERHOF PALACE and its GARDENS. This historic building was almost totally destroyed during World War II and was most lovingly restored to its original splendor just a few years ago. (B) ST. PETERSBURG Sokos Olympic Garden (F).
There is no greater attraction in this city than a visit to the HERMITAGE MUSEUM, housed in the Winter Palace built by the Swiss/Italian architect Rastrelli in 1754 during Empress Elizabeth’s reign. It remained the home of the imperial Russian Royal Family up to 1917. Its collection of paintings spans all eras and is particularly well known for its French Impressionist and modern art. The inside architecture is of outstanding beauty; note the magnificent Jordan staircase. A day to be remembered. (B) ST. PETERSBURG Sokos Olympic Garden (F).
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B) ST. PETERSBURG Sokos Olympic Garden (F).
Prices are calculated per person as following:
- Adult Price: USD 1899 per person
- Child Price: USD per person
Single room supplement: $470
No triples available.
Supplement to upgrade to first-class (two-berth) on Moscow-St. Petersburg train: $240
Triple room occupancy is not available for this vacation.
Moscow Arrival Transfer: Moscow - Sheremetyevo Intl Airport: $30
Moscow Arrival Transfer: Moscow Domodedovo: $30
St Petersburg Departure Transfer : St. Petersburg, Russia - Pulkovo Airport: 30$
Based on the same arrival & departure date.
prices may vary in case of extra nights.
please call for the exact pricinig.
Cash,Credit cards and Bank transfers.
You may confirm this reservation with a $500.00 non-refundable deposit.
Price Does Not Include:
Following items are not included in the price and you may have to pay it:
- Visas and vaccinations.
- Laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant)
- Additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary.
- Travel Protection premiums.
- Transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; porterage at airports or train stations.
Please read the policies carefully. This section contains important information.
* MEALS: Buffet breakfasts; 2 lunches; 2 dinners
* VALID FOR: Minimum 2 person travelling together.
* AIRPORT TRANSFER TIMES & FLIGHT WINDOWS: Moscow Arrival Moscow - Sheremetyevo Intl Airport - 24 hours daily
Moscow Domodedovo - 24 hours daily
St Petersburg Departure St. Petersburg, Russia - Pulkovo Airport - 24 hours daily
* STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES FOR ESCORTED AND INDEPENDENT VACATIONS: 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20%
21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30%
7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50%
On departure day and later: 100%
You might find some useful information here:
Some links to related information: